Ten Things in My Refrigerator Right Now:
- Skim milk. I actually like skim milk.
- Sour skim milk. I might like it, but I forget to drink it before the expiration date, and then I forget to throw it away.
- Apples. I love this time of year, when the apples are fresh and sometimes even local.
- Simply Limeade, which has become a staple in my fridge. One of these days I’ll switch to something else, but right now it’s all limeade all the time. I mix just a little into a glass of seltzer and I’m good.
- Yogurt. Usually Greek style, but at the moment it’s Stonyfield Farms Blueberry.
- Leftover oven-roasted summer squash. It’s tomorrow’s dinner, over brown rice.
- Extra-sharp cheddar cheese. Just a little, because otherwise I’d eat it all up!
- Salad fixings: lettuce, tomatoes, vinaigrette, etc.
- Half and half, just for my coffee.
- Peanut butter. The natural kind that doesn’t contain anything but ground peanuts.
All this food talk would make me hungry, but I just ate one of those apples.