It was a long week

I think I missed some of it. There were seven days, weren’t there?

My knitting is all at sixes and sevens. I decided to try to get something finished, like maybe a sock. It would help if I actually worked on one. So this morning I picked up the frogged Go With the Flow sock and began to re-knit the heel. I’m almost finished with the gusset now, and it feels good to be making progress on something. This is the finished one, waiting for its mate.

I made a little progress on the Rib and Cable sock, but not much beyond this photograph. It’s a nice pattern, and interesting to knit. There are a few variations on the basic sock formula that I’m enjoying. The toe, if I ever get there, looks really neat. I got my copy of Nancy Bush’s Knitting Vintage Socks, too, and I think I’ll be knitting out of it for a long time to come.

That scarf I took with me on my trip is an easy knit, brainless and good for travel. The yarn though, is filled with knots. Why didn’t I pay attention to them when I was balling the skein? It’s superwash merino, too, so I can’t spit splice it with any consistency. Oh, well. That will teach me!

I finally photographed the cardigan I made last September. It’s “Herdis” from Elspeth Lavold’s first collection. [Edited on 10/8 to correct the crappy image that I posted the first time.]At the time it was the most complicated thing I’d ever undertaken, but as I got going it wasn’t hard at all. If I had it to do all over again, I’d go down a needle size. I got gauge, but the fabric has a lot of give and it seems to grow when I wear it. Re-blocking didn’t change it much. I still love it, and it represents a major knitting accomplishment.


Rhinebeck, Rhinebeck, Rhinebeck! It’s coming! Soon! Ohboyohboyohboy! My list is growing, the money is set aside, the car is clean and ready for guest travelers. J and the wonderful R’s and I haven’t made our final plans yet, but I already know that I’m going to convince them that we need to leave here at the crack of dawn on Saturday. None of this moseying on over to my house whenever, not this year! I have booths to visit, people to meet, and money to spend. Yes, I am geeky enough to have begun to make a list of which vendor is where, so that I won’t miss the ones I want to visit. And yes, I am planning to show up at the Spirit Trail booth, probably more than once! I’m a little excited, can you tell? I really need a fiber fix.

And if it’s October, it must be time to make serious Retreat plans! I didn’t make it to the PO this week, but I hear that our Retreat packets have begun arriving in mailboxes. I’ll have to be patient until Wednesday, when I can go get the mail. The KR Retreat following so close on the heels of Rhinebeck makes my head spin. Since I’m turning it into a week, not a weekend, I have lots of things to do beforehand. I’ll be making the rounds of family and friends in the DC area, with a final stop on Sunday (I think) at K’s house on the Eastern Shore.

I’d like to be doing this:
Unfortunately, I have to tackle this:It ain’t pretty.

2 thoughts on “It was a long week

  1. what a glorious cardigan! You did a fabulous job!!And what a cute cat! thanks for sharing the photos !have fun in Rhinebeck.. I think I’m jealous.


  2. Gorgeous sweater – would love to see it up close as I bet it’s even prettier.Looking forward to seeing you at Rhinebeck! And then at the KR Retreat too.Martha


Comments are closed.