I’m late to the Seven (or Eight) Random Things Meme party, but since I was tagged by my friend Minh, I’ll come anyway. Is all the dip gone?
- I can tell a book by its cover. Trust me.
- I am pretty darn near-sighted (20/800 or something scary like that). My need for bifocals as I “mature” makes for interesting times — it’s often just easier to read without my glasses.
- I am the middle child of five, and I have the complexes to prove it.
- One of my favorite books when I was that child was More of Milly-Molly-Mandy. And look! My Crafty Sister found a copy and gave it to me for my birthday!
- Milly-Molly-Mandy says things like this: “Well! It’s much too beautiful a morning to stay in bed till breakfast-time. I think I’ll get up very, very quietly, so’s not to wake Farver and Muvver.” I, too, am a complete morning person. I’d much rather be awake at dawn than at midnight.
- I’m almost always on time, or even early. I can’t help it. I get good seats at the movies, though.
- When I Google my name, I come up with Nellie Bly. It seems we have the same name (no, not “Nellie Bly”). We’re not related, but our Scotch-Irish ancestors probably came over in the same wave in the 1700’s; her family went west from Philadelphia, and mine headed south to Virginia.
- I don’t really like to make my bed, but I do it anyway, just like Milly-Molly-Mandy.
Oh, is this a knitting blog? Well. I’m still working on the Bambu Tilting Block Scarf. It looks about the same as it did in the picture in my last post, only the scarf is longer and the ball of yarn is smaller.
I counted up my socks-in-progress, arrived at a nice number (six), and then frogged two pairs that I just didn’t like. I worked on each of the remaining four for a little while, then cast on two more. I have lots of interesting (to me) sock ideas tilting and whirling around in my brain.
I like randomness.