I signed up for Carole’s emails so I could think about participating in her lovely Ten on Tuesday blog themes. But the thing is, I don’t usually have time to post on Tuesdays. Tuesday is a busy day at work. After work on Tuesday is my getting-over-busy time. But the theme this week is all about books, so how could I resist? Here goes:
Ten Books on My Summer Reading List
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It’s the 50th anniversary of the publication of my favorite, favorite book, so it’s time for a re-read. I’ve already read it dozens of times, but I can always spare a few hours to be with Jem and Scout.
- On the nightstand: Sue Miller’s The Lake Shore Limited.
- Also reading: Simon Van Booy’s short story collection The Secret Lives of People in Love.
- And: The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson. Of course.
- I’m listening to Daniel Gilbert read Stumbling on Happiness. He has a wonderful reading voice.
- American Music by Jane Mendelsohn. I loved her book I Was Amelia Earhart, which was quite imaginative.
- Photoshop Elements 8: The Missing Manual by Barbara Brundage. Enough said.
- David Mitchell’s The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet. Like I’ll have time.
- What a Difference a Dog Makes: Big Lessons on Life, Love, and Healing from a Small Pooch by Dana Jennings, which is being published in November.
- Knitting Green by Ann Budd. I just got this the other day, and I’m looking forward to reading and knitting my way through it!
There! I did it!
9 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday”
Yay! Always love it when you post.#7. YES!! I am not a reader of fiction, so most of your list is way below my radar. To Kill a Mockingbird is great, though. Will it be now, in 2010? Let me know, OK?Shalom
Excellent list. I've never made a list of summer reading. Ever. I am … contemplating this.
We have a couple of the same books on our lists. Glad you found time to post.
#8 sounds like a fascinating book and I think you've just inspired me to seek it out!I need to read The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo too … Rick has read #4 on your list and is ready for the third in the series. Good, yes?
I just bought a copy of Knitting Green after previewing it from the library and realizing about 90% of the patterns are "must makes". Interesting book list. I signed up for Ten on Tuesday, too, but since I never have a summer reading list and just plow through books at breakneck speed, I passed on this week's assignment. Maybe I should reconsider…
My daughter bought me "God Doesn't Blink" – and it's lovely.
Great list! Although I've read a few already, you've just helped me make my own list longer! (To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my All-Time favorites. . .)
What a great list!! Some new ones to add to mine. ; )
That's a great list. "The Girl Who Played With Fire" was terrific – I'm on to "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". Savoring it, however, hate to see it end. Happy reading!
Comments are closed.