Errands, Long Beach, housekeeping, knitting.
Just a typical day off, nothing special. Ho-hum.
I’d like all my days off to be days like today, please!
Random things that are rattling around in my head:
- Rhinebeck is just over three weeks away! Road trip with the girls!
- I have started doing some Christmas knitting and shopping, which is not at all like me.
- Yesterday’s Ten on Tuesday was a wake-up call. What is sour milk doing taking up space in my fridge? And more important, why did I tell the world about it?
- There’s a little house that I pass on my way to Sag Harbor that I have dreamed about living in since I moved here in 1993. It’s tucked under the trees, right on Noyac Road. Why doesn’t anyone live there? What is its story? Today I went as far as deciding that a few trees would need to come down so there would be more light inside. Edited to add: This is the house on Google Street View. Isn’t it darling?
- Days off should last longer than 24 hours, especially if they are days like today.