This is RoseByAny’s doing:
1. What is your occupation? Bookseller-in-charge at an independent bookstore. That’s the same as manager, but I like the word “bookseller.”
2. What color is your underwear? Purple. No. Pink. I had to check.
3. What are you listening to right now? The hum of the air conditioner.
4. What was the last thing you ate? A Luna bar.
5. Do you wish on stars? Not in a long, long time.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Burnt orange or periwinkle blue.
7. How is the weather right now? Muggy, after a bit of rain.
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My friend K, who was on the way home from work this evening and had a little time to yack while he was in the car.
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes! Never met her, but I think we’ll remedy that at the KR Retreat.
10. How old are you today? 50. Five-oh. Half-century.
11. Favorite drink? Morning coffee at Villa Vignamaggio in Tuscany, where you get your own little pitcher of hot steamed milk, and a little spoon that clinks just right as you stir.
12. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball and downhill skiing.
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Hell yeah! (That was such a good answer that I had to borrow it.)
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Glasses. Can’t see a thing without them.
15. Pets? One cat, but she is a handful. And a lapful. In a good way.
16. Favorite month? April or September. I love the changing seasons.
17. Favorite food? Sweet? Ice cream, preferably sinful chocolate. Not sweet? I second Amie’s fettucine alfredo, only I like mine carbonara, with bacon.
18. Favorite day of the year? Winter Solstice.
19. What do you do to vent anger? Have a fit.
20. What was your favorite toy as a child? The dollhouse that had been our mother’s. It had the original furniture, porcelain dolls, and real wooden doors that opened and closed. And little sheets and pillowcases. And tiny, tiny silverware.
21. Fall or Spring? Fall.
22. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry.
24. Do you want your friends participate in this? Yes. But how will they find it? None of them knows I have a blog.
25. Who is most likely to respond? I don’t know. Hello? Is anybody there?
26. Who is least likely to respond? See above.
27. When was the last time you cried? Last week.
28. What is on the floor of your closet? Dirty laundry, shoes, Ashford bobbins, a television, some books, a few baskets, and empty plastic bags. I don’t know how it got that way, I swear!
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My friend J, who I met on our first day of college in 1972. Our little college made the roommate assignments alphabetically. What are the odds of that working?
30. What did you do last night? Watched TV, had a bit of dinner, talked on the phone and surfed online, knitted a third of a Dulaan hat.
31. Favorite smell? The ocean. The air just after a cleansing rain. Bread baking.
32. What inspires you? Seeing the inspiration of others. Creativity. Courage.
33. What are you afraid of? Being stuck in traffic on the middle of the Verazzano Bridge and it’s bouncing and swaying just enough so that I actually notice that I’m sitting on a bunch of cement suspended from cables. Oh, and losing people I love.
34. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese.
35. Favorite dog? My sweet Jillaroo, who was an Australian Shepherd.
36. Number of keys on your key ring? Five.
37. How many years at your current job? Ten years this summer!
48. Favorite day of the week? Sunday, when I don’t have to go to work.
49. How many states have you lived in? 5, plus Washington DC.
50. How many cities have you lived in? Actual cities? 2. Houses? 19, no 20.
This is RoseByAny’s doing: